Friday, October 11, 2013

Kindergarten Word Bingo!

I've been using a wonderful curriculum for writing for the past few weeks.  It's called Spell to Write and Read (SWR), and I am totally obsessed with it.  My kindergartener, on the other hand, is not as thrilled about learning to spell to write and read 20 words per week.  She's doing great, but I try to give her a break and make it fun while still meeting our weekly goals.  I get her to do the tough part by promising a fun game or activity afterward.

Today I put together a bingo game using the 4 lists of words we've had so far.  I found this template and decided to make my own so I could use the words I wanted.


Since I only have one student I played against her.  I printed all the words and cut them out.  We took turns drawing a word and reading it then trying to find it on our card.  We used coins as bingo markers and played until the whole card was filled up.  It was fun!

If you want to make your own I can email my template.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Rae.. please can you email me the template ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Rae.. please can you email me the template ����

    ReplyDelete