Friday, October 11, 2013

Recipe Share

This is how I feel a lot of times... But this week was a good one for dinner recipes so I thought I'd share!

We went camping last weekend, and I came home with a few left over hotdogs.  I didn't feel like eating hot dogs again, but I wanted to use them.  So I found this mini corn dog recipe on Pinterest.  It's pretty simple, and the kids (and I) loved it!

I got the idea from a friend to make chicken skewers for camping, so I've been doing that the past few years.  This year though I didn't make enough, and all the teenagers wanted them so Pete didn't get any, and I only got one.  So I decided to make them again this week.
I just cut the chicken breast into chunks and marinate with whatever I have on hand.  For camping I used BBQ sauce and beer.  This week I used TJ's Soyaki sauce.  Then just skewer the chunks of meat (you can add veggies if you want) and throw them on the grill.  So easy and delicious!
I also tried this ramen salad from Pinterest with a little modification.  I made a half recipe, and it was a plenty!  Here's my version:
SALAD:
1 package ramen noodles (calls for beef but I used Ichiban original)
1 12 oz package broccoli slaw
1/2 cu. slivered almonds
1/2 cu. sunflower seeds
2-3 green onions, chopped
DRESSING:
1/4 (or less) honey or agave
1/3 cu. oil (I used olive and a dash of sesame)
1/4 cu. white rice vinegar
dash of soy sauce
flavor packets

Just put the salad ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl mix the dressing ingredients.  Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it all together.
I will definitely be making this again!


I've been wanting to try a recipe using soda for a long time... My husband had bought a 2 liter of root beer, we drank maybe 1 glass each, and I knew we weren't ever going to drink the rest so I decided to try this bbq pork stuffed sweet potato recipe I saw on (you guessed it... ) Pinterest!  I obviously used rootbeer instead of coke, and it came out great!  But I wanted a little extra topping so I decided to make shoestring fried onions.  Here is the recipe I used.  I didn't even tell the kids they were onions, and they were none the wiser... Everyone loved it!  I was a little worried that I was crowding the onions too much in the oil, but they came out perfect.

 And last but not least was last night's amazing dinner... Fish taco bowls.  I used tilapia rather than cod simply because it was cheaper.  Any my husband doesn't eat fish so I made his with chicken breast.
Can you tell I love cilantro?

No comments:

Post a Comment